Thursday, April 05, 2007

blox


They had me at “blox”. Really they did. For some reason when I first heard the name, I just knew whatever it was that they made would be cool…and it is!

Lori Reynolds and Magdalena Kubik are the dynamic duo behind the blox line of contemporary tile jewelry. Their background in interior design definitely shines through in each piece of jewelry where there is a strong emphasis on material, composition, color and form. Using products often found in architecture such as glass and metal tiles, each creation is both delicate and strong in appearance. Modern yet classis is yet another way I would describe the line of wearable art that is blox which leads me to believe that even though the collaboration is a mere two years old, they are here to stay.

As usual, I’ll leave you with a couple of my favorites and then you can visit the blox section at Junk In Our Trunk to pick out your timeless piece…